VinRoc Wine Caves
VinRoc derives its name from our rock-strewn mountain vineyard, where the elevation provides the perfect climate, and our rock-hewn wine cave, where the consistent temperature & humidity are ideal for storing and aging our wine.
Micro-Crafted Cabernet Sauvignon
Located on the eastern slope of Napa Valley at an elevation of 1,600 feet, our vineyards are above the fog line and experience sunny days and cool nights. Our vines struggle through the volcanic rock & red soil, producing low yields of highly complex & intense fruit.
We pick one ton at a time and harvest only those clusters that are at the peak of ripeness. The grapes are carried into our adjacent wine cave in small picking boxes rather than dumped into large harvest bins and are immediately hand-sorted and de-stemmed.
Our winery is completely self-contained within our cave, which was specially designed with custom European equipment for a low-volume, high-quality boutique operation. Each ton harvested is separately fermented and barreled for two years in French Oak. This allows us to track individual batches from the vineyard and throughout the winemaking process until blended.
Co- Proprietor / Winemaker
VinRoc’s Cabernet Sauvignon is single vineyard, estate produced.
- VinRoc Atlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon
- 100% Atlas Peak Coyotes Howl Red Blend
- Atlas Peak Cabernet blended with Merlot.
Characteristics / Tasting Notes
VinRoc Atlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon
- Look – Dark purple, with streaks of dark garnet when held to the light.
- Nose – Aromas of dark berries and dried currant, along with cedar, sage, and tobacco, with hints of loamy earth, minerals, and graphite.
- Feel – Rich and smooth, with finely textured and rounded tannins. Balanced acidity. Full-bodied.
- Taste – Dark fruit, including black currant, blackberry, and black cherry, along with other dried dark fruit, layered over notes of mocha and cedar with subtle earthy hints of licorice.
- Finish – Long and lingering with softly fading black fruit that disappears, leaving finely textured sweet tannins and minerality behind.
VinRoc Wine Caves Cabernet Sauvignon is generous and expansive in its dark and black fruit that is well structured and full-bodied. This wine embodies the essence of the rocky hillside terrain from where this wine is produced. Drink now or cellar.
Images provided by VinRoc. All rights reserved.